In an Italian village outside of Rome there was a church built in honor of Our Lady of Good Counsel that had fallen into severe disrepair. The people of the city did not have enough money to restore the church and so they waited and prayed for a miracle.
Then, according to a popular legend, on April 25, 1467, before a Mass in honor of St. Mark, the people of the village witnessed a marvelous site. They heard melodious music coming from up above and as they looked, they saw a white cloud of such luminous beauty. The cloud slowly descended and eventually hung over a wall in a side chapel of the church.
The cloud began to vanish and in its place, there remained a miraculous image of Our Lady. Almost immediately the sick were healed. Ever since the image and devotion to Our Lady of Good Counsel has obtained countless healings.